- Advice for visitors
Advice for visitors
All visitors to Wood Field must sign in and out at our Main Reception and wear a visitor badge/label at all times. The Main Reception is accessed from Beddington Gardens.
Safeguarding & Visitor Information Leaflet
Everyone who visits our school should be aware of their responsibility to make sure that all young people are safe. Please ask for any member of the Safeguarding Team if you are unclear about areas linked to child safety during your visit. Their photos are also displayed on our Safeguarding Leads posters around the school and can also be found on the Safeguarding & Visitor Information Leaflet above. The Safeguarding Team can be contacted via the school office.
As a visitor, it is important that you remember the following:
- If you are working in a 1:1 situation with a pupil, the school must view your Enhanced DBS check or have evidence from your organisation that you have an Enhanced DBS in place.
- Do not have physical contact with any pupil.
- Never exchange contact details with a pupil, or agree to meet a child outside the school environment. Do not communicate with pupils through social media.
- Keep a record of the times and dates of any unplanned contact with pupils and let a member of the safeguarding team know as soon as possible.
- Do not take photographs or video footage while you are on site unless you have been given permission by a member of the senior leadership team; this also extends to school trips when off site.
- If a child has a conversation with you which leads you to think they are being harmed or their safety is at risk, you have a duty to pass the information on to protect the child. You must inform a member of the Safeguarding Team immediately.
Health and Safety
While on site, you are legally responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and the safety of others affected by your activities.