As a new legal entity, Wood Field Primary School has not yet been inspected by Ofsted.
However, Bandon Hill Primary School (which included the Wood Field Primary School site) was last inspected in March 2019, with a full report available on the Ofsted website. A covering letter sent to parents explained the report in more detail.
We are incredibly proud that Ofsted rated the school as “Good” across all areas of inspection and highlight the following comments from the report:
- “Senior leaders are determined, tenacious and have a clear vision. They set high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils.”
- “The curriculum is broad, balanced and provides pupils with a clear purpose for learning. The cross-curricular approach makes learning interesting, providing opportunities to use extended writing across the curriculum.”
- “Overall, the quality of teaching is good. Teachers have strong subject knowledge. They make learning interesting and encourage pupils to contribute and share their ideas in lessons.”
- “Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They are enthusiastic and keen to talk about their work and the school. They demonstrate pride in the school and are aware of how to be successful in their learning.”
- “Pupils treat each other kindly around the school. A calm and orderly atmosphere exists around the corridors, in classrooms and in the dining hall.”